Defiance /

Community

Plague Sieges are now live!

Posted on:

Greetings ark hunters, With Halloween just around the corner, we’ve been fielding requests from ark hunters who are eager to celebrate the holiday. Today, we’ve got a special treat for you: the plague is back in the Bay Area!

With today’s patch, Plague Sieges and Plague Emergencies have returned after their long hiatus. The Viral Hemorrhagic Fever outbreak can only be curtailed by your intervention. Cull the infected from the population and assure the vaccine is synthesized and sent to its destination. Plague Sieges will be popping up all over the map in hour intervals for ark hunters to fight as well as Emergencies that can be found throughout the world on an ongoing basis.DEF_Plague_Siege_306_night

Some of you might be asking “why haven’t the ‘Plaguers’ been back to wreak havoc sooner?” Here’s the deal: when we first launched the plague sieges, they were a pretty good first run! Then, as we watched them play out on the live servers, we spotted a bunch of ways to make them really awesome. We wanted to improve their pacing, for their scoring to be better, and give them the ability to expand over time.

We’ve now completed all that work and now the “Plaguers” will permanently lay siege to ark hunters everywhere.

Today’s a particularly special day for me because the “Plaguers” hold a special place in my heart for a few reasons. Their purity of purpose creates a sense of expectation. When you fight the infected, you know what you are getting into. They certainly aren’t easy; tremblers can present a massive threat. You know that you will be under direct melee pressure, and this makes the fights more movement-oriented.

I also look forward to seeing how strategies adapt now that charge blades and weapons have been added to the game and am excited to see how people adapt to fighting the infected once spikes come into play in our upcoming second DLC, “Arkbreaker.”

Happy Halloween, good hunting, and good luck. You’re gonna need it.

Trick Dempsey, Creative Lead